Monday 3 February 2014

Foundations


I'm quite picky when it comes to my foundation; I want something that gives me fairly good coverage but that is light and airy on the skin. I have gone through most brands available and I think I have finally found a winner! I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting miracles when I picked up the Wake Me Up foundation by Rimmel, but my other foundation was out of date and I decided it was time for a change. Oh my gosh, I love it!! It makes my skin look so fresh and lovely. I have noticed such a difference since using it, I genuinely feel more confident with it on because it is super light so I don't feel over the top but it really seems to have a brightening effect as claimed. I have shade 200 Soft Beige which blends perfectly with my skin tone, covering blemishes or discolouration but as I said, kinda makes you look like you are fresh faced. I will definitely be re-purchasing this for as long as I can!


Whilst on the topic of foundation, I also got for Christmas the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. The brush is one I have wanted for ages as I just never liked flat foundation brushes or sponges that much and I was always hearing such good things. I really enjoy using this, it makes applying and blending foundation sooo much easier, I can't imagine not using it! As for the Double Wear, it was a bit of a "hype" buy; everyone raves about it so much, I wanted to know what the fuss was about and so was super chuffed when Santa delivered it. However, my wise and wonderful pal Billing was definitely right when she said ages ago that I would probably like the Double Wear Light foundation as the original is rather heavy/thick coverage. She was totally right, as I do love that fresh feel and look to my foundation, I just find Double Wear a little too much for me. It does have amazing concealing and evening qualities but I just feel a little too uncomfortable with it on my face.  

Have any of you tried any of these products? What's your favourite foundation? Would you recommend Double Wear Light or any other make up brushes?

Becca.


1 comment:

  1. I've bought this foundation but waiting for my current MAC one to run out before I try it. I use Body Shop brushes, I find them okay :)

    ReplyDelete